Blue Ridge Brewery is hiring kitchen staff. This is an entry-level position that starts in the dish washing area and gives the employee the ability to move up to the position of Line Cook. This is an excellent way to grow into a career in the food service industry.
Responsibilities include collecting used dishes, plates and utensils, loading washing machines and stacking washed items appropriately.
If you want to kickstart your career in the restaurant industry and be part of the behind-the-scenes operations, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you’ll help provide an unforgettable dining experience for our customers.
- Collect used kitchenware from dining and kitchen areas
- Load and unload dishwashing machines
- Wash specific items by hand (e.g. wooden cutting boards, large pots and delicate china)
- Store clean dishes, glasses and equipment appropriately
- Set up workstations before meal prep begins
- Ensure there are always enough clean dishes, glasses and utensils, especially during peak hours
- Maintain cleaning supplies stock (e.g. detergents) and place orders when necessary
- Check washing machines’ operation and promptly report any technical/performance issues
- Remove garbage regularly
- Sanitize the kitchen area, including the floor
- Ability to follow instructions and help with various tasks, as needed
- Time management skills
- Attention to detail and sanitation rules
- Availability to work in shifts, during weekends and evenings